IMPORTANT !!! U.S. Consulate General, Hyderabad issues Non-Immigrant Visas. U.S. Immigrant Visas are issued at our Consulates General in Chennai and Mumbai and our U.S. embassy in Delhi. However, Immigrant Visa applicants from Andhra Pradesh who previously had to have their required medical examinations conducted in Chennai , Mumbai or Delhi now have the option to have their medical exams performed in their home state.
U.S. Consulate General, Hyderabad has retained Dr. Raj Kumar Songa M.D. (AIIMS) as its Panel Physician to conduct Immigrant Visa medical examinations in Hyderabad for residents of Andhra Pradesh. Dr. Raj Kumar has reached an agreement with Vijaya Diagnostic Center in Himayathnagar to serve as the diagnostics center for the medical exams. He has established an on-site office at that facility. For more information or to make an appointment, please visit the U.S. Consulate General, Hyderabad website at http://hyderabad.usconsulate.gov.
All Immigrant Visa applicants are required to have a medical examination from a Consulate-approved panel physician. Blood tests and a chest x-ray are required of applicants aged 15 years and older. Those tests may be conducted at an approved facility in Hyderabad, Vijaya Diagnostic Center. Your medical reports are valid for one year from the date of examination, and must be repeated if they expire before your IV interview.
You will have two appointments on separate days for your medical examination. The first day will be for blood tests and x-rays, usually in the morning, and the second appointment (usually the next day) when your reports will be reviewed, the medical exam will be conducted and documentation will be completed. You may also receive required vaccines, if appropriate.
1. Vijaya Diagnostic Center: This facility is the Panel Physician’s approved center for conducting blood tests and taking x-rays. You must make an appointment with Dr. Raj Kumar Songa prior to arrival at the center. Please allow at least two weeks before your scheduled Immigrant Visa interview appointment for the tests to be completed and sent to the U.S. Consulate General in Chennai.
Vijaya Diagnostic Center
#3-6-16 & 17, Street #19
Himayathnagar, Hyderabad – 500 029
2. Physical Examination by Panel Physician: Make your own arrangements for examination by Dr. Raj Kumar Songa, the Panel Physician, at DrRajKSongaUS@gmail.com
What to bring:
- To the lab: please bring your passport and interview appointment notification; complete vaccination records for each family member; three visa-type photos for each family member
- To the physical exam: passport and interview appointment notification; complete medical and vaccination records for each family member; one visa-type photo for each family member
Completed medical reports will be given to you by the physician. Bring these with you to the Consulate General where your Immigrant Visa interview appointment will take place at the time of your visa interview.
You should expect to pay the following fees:
- Each applicant aged 15 years or older must pay Rs. 900 for initial laboratory tests, chest x-ray, general physical examination and documentation. (This fee does NOT include the actual cost of the vaccines.) Laboratory fees may range up to Rs. 4000 if additional tests are required.
- Applicants younger than 15 years must pay Rs. 600 for a general physical check-up and administration of vaccinations. (This fee does NOT include the actual cost of the vaccines.)
All fees must be paid in cash directly by you to the laboratory or the Panel Physician. If further tests are advised by the Panel Physician at the time of your medical examination, you will be expected to bear the related costs. Normally, children under 15 years of age are not required to undergo chest x-rays, blood tests, or HIV anti-body testing, but they must undergo immunizations and a general physical examination.
Reminder: Vaccinations are costly! Be sure to bring complete vaccination records for each Immigrant Visa applicant when visiting the Panel Physician, or you risk having to pay up to Rs. 9000 or more in additional fees.