Hyderabad | March 29, 2016
Hours of Operation
The visa section of the U.S. Consulate General, Hyderabad conducts nonimmigrant visa interviews, by appointment only, from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm, Monday through Friday, except for holidays and closures.
U.S. Consulate General Hyderabad - Contact Information:
The fastest and best way to reach us is by email at email@example.com. We read every email and strive to reply within 3 working days. Occasionally, complicated requests can take longer.
Consulate General of the USA, Hyderabad
1-8-323, Chiran Fort Lane
Begumpet, Secunderabad 500 003
Telephone: 040-4625-8222 or 0120-484-4644 (for calls in India) and 1-703-520-2239 (for all calls from the United States)
Complete list of Visa Application Centers (VAC)
Visa appointments can only be scheduled online. We don’t accept appointment requests through email.
Important Note: Emergency visa appointments can only be scheduled online via UStraveldocs
Please take the time to review the information on www.ustraveldocs.com/in and the Hyderabad consulate’s website, particularly the information on our frequently asked questions (FAQs) webpage. If you have not found the answer to your question, you may email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your case is under administrative processing, please follow the instructions as mentioned in the 221(g) letter you received. You can monitor the progress of your application online. As soon as the Consulate is able to take further action in your case, we will update the status.
Please note that a review of your application may take 60-90 days to complete, and we will not respond to email inquiries concerning individual cases that have been pending for less than 60 days.
Section 214(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA)
Section 214(b) of the INA requires all applicants to overcome the presumption of immigrant intent by establishing that they have sufficient professional, economic, and social ties to assure their departure after a limited stay in the United States & their intent to abide by the terms of the visa class.
There is no appeal or waiver process available in these cases. If you are refused a visa under section 214(b), you may reapply for a visa by going online to www.ustraveldocs.com/in. We will not respond to emails inquiring about 214b refusals.
Most visa inquiries should be directed to email@example.com. Inquiries that include confidential records, legal rulings or other information considered confidential pursuant to section 222(f) of the INA may be sent to HydCEA@state.gov. Please note that routine inquiries sent to this address will not receive a response. Please direct all routine inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants under the no-fee visa category should not pay the MRV fee. If paid in error, the MRV fee is not refundable, but can be used to schedule an appointment for the same applicant with any other visa class of the same fee, within one year of payment.
- A-1, A-2, G-1, G-2, G-3 and G-4 visa categories (Please enclose the visa note/diplomatic note and mention the names of the applicants along with their passport numbers).
- A-3 and G-5 visa categories (Please enclose the visa note/diplomatic note and the employment contract signed by both the employer and the employee. Please also mention the names of the applicants along with their passport numbers).
- J-1 visa - No fee category - Exchange programs eligible for the MRV exemption have a program number that begins with the prefix G-1, G-2, G-3, or G-7 program serial number on the Form DS-2019, Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status. All other applicants with U.S. Government funding must pay the MRV processing fee.
- Diplomatic passport holders applying for B-1/B-2 visa (Please enclose the visa note/diplomatic note and mention the names of the applicants along with their passport numbers).
- P and O visa group appointment requests (Please enclose the copy of the I-797 petition and mention the names of the applicants along with their passport numbers).
- U visa (Please enclose the copy of the I-797 petition and mention the names of the applicants along with their passport numbers).
- Requests for T visa finger-printing appointments.
- Requests to escort applicants who are vision impaired/wheel chair bound.
Report Visa Fraud!
You can confidentially report visa fraud by email. Be as specific as possible. Please include the person's name, date of birth, and passport number as well as your name and contact details. Email: email@example.com.
You may also leave a voice message on +91-040-40338493.
Lost or stolen Passport With U.S. Visa?
If your passport is lost, stolen or missing, immediately contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General that issued your visa with details of police complaint lodged, passport and visa numbers.
Provide your passport number, name, and contact information.
Report Criminal Activity!
To report a tip regarding criminal activity associated with US visa, passport, wanted U.S. fugitive, human smugglers and document vendors please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals providing tips to the consulate may remain anonymous. Should you wish to speak with a Special Agent regarding your tip, please provide your name and phone number.