Hyderabad | January 11, 2013
APPOINTMENT AND CONTACT INFORMATION
Appointments are required for most routine American Citizen Services and are available Monday to Thursday from 12:30 pm to 4.00pm. We are closed on the last Wednesday of every month and on American and Indian holidays. Appointments are never required for emergencies.
Please arrive fifteen minutes before your appointment to clear security. Mobile phones, other electronic devices and large bags are not permitted inside the Consulate General. Review the complete list of restricted items here.
Please print and prepare the required documents before coming to your appointment. Document requirements for specific services are below. Appointments are required for these services:
U.S. Consulate General, Hyderabad is pleased to provide courier delivery services for Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA) and U.S. passports. This service will allow for timely tracking and fast delivery of your documents. Please carefully read the instructions below to arrive at your appointment prepared.
- At the Consulate, you will be asked to purchase a courier envelope in the lobby for INR 300. The fee may be paid by cash or demand draft in favor of "First Flight Couriers LTD." Drafts can be drawn on any nationalized or foreign bank operating in India. Drafts of co-operative banks are not accepted at this time. Along with your payment, you will also be asked to submit a completed courier slip (PDF 176KB).
- Once your CRBA or U.S. passport application is processed, the ACS Unit will return a sealed courier envelope containing your CRBA or U.S. passport to First Flight.
- Once your CRBA or U.S. passport reaches First Flight, you will be able to check the status of your delivery on First Flight’s website.
- You will receive a receipt from First Flight with the return of your CRBA or U.S. passport.
- If you opt to pick up your CRBA or passport in person, you may do so on Thursdays between 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. You do not need an appointment to pick up your CRBA or U.S. passport. Please check our holiday calendar.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are submitting your passport renewal application by mail and would like to have your new passport couriered to you, please submit a courier slip (PDF 176KB) and an additional bank draft for INR 300 payable to "First Flight Couriers LTD." Bank drafts for courier fees can be drawn on any nationalized or foreign bank operating in India. Drafts of co-operative banks are not accepted at this time.
Complete fee information is available here. If applying in person, you may pay with cash dollars, cash rupees (at the current exchange rate), demand draft or a major U.S. credit card. Personal checks are not accepted.
The U.S. Consulate General is located in the Chiran Fort Lane at Begumpet In Hyderabad.
Mail: American Citizen Services Unit
U.S. Consulate General,
Paigah Palace, 1-8-323
Chiran Fort Lane, Begumpet
Email is the best way to reach us for routine inquiries. Please review the information on the autoreply closely and send a second inquiry with the subject "Request for Specific Information" to ensure a personal response.
Phone: 4033-8300, and ask for American Citizen Services.
If you are calling from within India, but outside Hyderabad, first dial 040-
If you are calling from the United States, first dial 011-91-40-.
If you are calling outside of normal business hours and there is a life-threatening emergency involving a U.S. citizen, ask for the "duty officer."
Outside of the Hyderabad Consular District?
A list and map of consular districts is available here.